free web hit counter

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Where was I...umm you know before the whole, "I quit my job to take the summer off, and then the economy imploded so I am still staying at home with my baby who is no longer a baby because HOLY CRAP she talks and walks and knows her alphabet and how to count to 15 IN SPANISH!"

(well I think she knows how to count to 15 in spanish. I only know how to count to 10 in spanish, so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt on 11-15.)

Oh, and we might be moving into a van down by the river soon. You know, because of the whole no job thing. But we are happy, and I am not stressed at ALL-unless you count the spanish speaking number counting thing. Then I am a teeny bit stressed, because honestly? I CAN NOT WATCH ANOTHER EPISODE OF DORA. Seriously. I can't.

Are you sensing how glamorous my life is?

So to catch you up in a nutshell...

First, she turned one.
Then she learned how to talk. Like really talk. Today she said "Help me, Help me, I'm falling mama" and then laughed hysterically as I ran in to see that she in fact did NOT need help, but was instead seeing how fast I could move.

Also, I went on a bunch of interviews. Then I drove to New York and punched AIG and Merrill Lynch and Bear Stearns in the face. I couldn't find DORA or I would have punched her while I was handing out knuckle sandwiches.

Then she turned 18 months...I mean, before I even knew it. She just flew right through being a baby and moved on to toddler.

Then the winter was over and the spring sprung.

So what's up with you?




3 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

lol! I'm remembering that holiday pic you guys posted of her in the pan, can't believe she's big and walking and talking already. That's hilarious how she "tricked" you... isn't it insane how smart they are???

4:46 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Eighteen months??? You've gotta be kidding me--when did that happen? I think kids possess secret time accelerators or something. How else do you explain that the day after they bid goodbye to their last Barbie, they're suddenly asking you to take them bra shopping?

But don't worry, you've got at least, oh, a week or two before that happens.

11:59 PM  
Blogger KidKate said...

Oh, wow! You're back! So happy to see you're back. Maybe now I will come back too.

So, you're home for the duration? I wish I could make a freakin' decision about what I'm doing with my life but that's a post for another day (and uh, on my own blog!).

She's beautiful, by the way. Can't believe she's talking. Mine doesn't talk--not in sentences anyway. She just points and identifies most things as "ah-pple" or "cat".

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home